NIA names two more accused in Vizianagaram ISIS conspiracy case

NIA names two more accused in Vizianagaram ISIS conspiracy case

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Friday filed a supplementary chargesheet in the 2025 Vizianagaram ISIS terror conspiracy case, naming two additional accused, including one who is absconding.

The chargesheet was submitted before the NIA Special Court here. The agency named Arif Hussain alias Abu Talib and Imran Akram, invoking provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), the Explosive Substances Act, 1908, and the Arms Act.

The case was originally registered at the Vizianagaram Police Station, where Siraz Ur Rahiman and Syed Sameer were arrested. After taking over the investigation, the NIA filed its first chargesheet against the duo in November 2025.

According to the agency, further investigation revealed that Imran Akram allegedly provided funds to Siraz Ur Rahiman and Syed Sameer for procuring explosive materials. Imran Akram, officials said, has not been traced so far.

The NIA stated that Arif Hussain was arrested on August 27, 2025, at New Delhi Airport while allegedly attempting to leave the country. Arif Hussain, a native of Bihar, is accused of conspiring with Siraz Ur Rahiman to supply weapons intended for terrorist activities.

Investigators also alleged Arif Hussain’s involvement in the illegal transportation of weapons across borders. In addition, he was found to be active on social media platforms, where he allegedly propagated extremist jihadi ideology.

The NIA said the investigation into the conspiracy is ongoing.

Share this Post
0
0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *